Re: Getting ready to start over...

Bob Sisson wrote:
> Sometime in the next 9 months, I have the pleasure of moving....
>
> Beyond the normal chaos that this creates it has some upsides...
>
> I get to start over with my Home Automation and Alarm systems....
>
> What I have NOW is an Ademco Vista 40 Wireless system and a SEPARATE X-10
> Home Seer system.
>
> What I am looking at is the Elk Gold as the backbone of my new system and
> going with X10 again...
>
> Assuming I go with the Elk as my main panel....
>
> Who's WIRELESS works best with the Elk?
>
> Who's Home Automation Software works best with the Elk?
>
> I have lots of "dreams" for the new house... like using proximity
> cars/devices to unlock doors/disarm things and more...
>
> just some musings... Reality will probably be a LOT smaller than my wishes,
> but you never know...

Before  you go with just the plain vanilla X10 take a look at the
Smarthome,com Insteon technology. Also, you might want to look into Z
wave.

Insteon is a combo of X10 with simultaneous RF signals. It will work
with plain ole X10 too.

Z wave looks like a good technology, it's just that it doesn't seem as
if very many other Mfg's are jumping into using and designing product
that is compatable. On another level, it seems to me that that
technology would  bring alarm wireless systems to the next level. Could
be just a matter of time.