Re: ARE YOU REALLY BEING MONITORED? READ THIS

That was very informative.  I said I wasn't a geek.  That proves that
the training for the salespeople is almost non-existent.  The tech's
here would have liked me selling their jobs, though.  I never "married"
a location for ANY device.  I suggested that they would "probably"
install this here and that there. In the end I always left it to the
installer to decide, and told the customers that as well.

I have had tech's almost UNSELL what I had sold.  I had two while at
Hell South from Protection One tell a lady she needed a bunch of other
crap, when she and I had discussed everything, and paired her old AT &
T system down.  She didn't need the same level of security.  I would
have had to sell her a sensor for 30 some windows, and she would have
bailed.  The dumb tech's opened their mouths and I ended up rushing to
her install at 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon in rush hour.  When I got
their, the retards were putting a motion detector BEHIND the top of a
big floor to ceiling curtain, and I got pissed.   The customer even
wondered why they were putting it BEHIND the curtain.  I chewed their
butts right in front of her.  They had also convinced her she wasn't
going to get a sensor for her back door, when it was plainly listed on
the front page of the agreement that she was.

I do have some stories of tech's that went far and above what I would
have expected to get a job done, and get it done right.  That was from
the best installers I ever worked with, from the Port St. Lucie Branch
of ADT.  They will always be #1 in my book.  The best install manager
was Wesley from West Palm Beach by far.  So, I'll give credit where it
is due.

Thanks for your story and correction....I am still learning some things.