Re: WTB: PC Based Mimic Screen

Subject: WTB: PC Based Mimic Screen
Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms
=> Spike <=  wrote:

>Looking for a PC based mimic screen system which will;
>

>a) Allow aprox 100+ open/closed contacts to be connected (alarm sensors
>
>etc)
>

>b) Display status of all of them on a PC screen
>

>c) Sound an alarm noise when any of the contacts changes state until a
>"reset" is pressed as well as give a graphic representation that the
>state has changed (ie from green to red)
>

>d) Allow any individual circuit to be muted (latched)
>

>Can anyone recommend a company that might supply such a device?

What is the application?  There are some fancy nurse call systems that will do
that, plus voice; however that may be more than the customer wants to spend.

There are also PLC's (programmable logic controllers) that can be programmed to
do anything you want.  That may be overkill too.

You can "roll your own" with a dedicated PC and I/O cards.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email