Re: Danger - Independent Alarm Dealers

"Sonicduck" <jones1019@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1132543592.664508.30220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Stanley,
>
> My goodness.  I am impressed.  We agree on something.  Thanks for the
> information regarding the ADT/TYCCO downsizing.
>
> What's amazing is the local salesmen usually don;t know anything about
> any of what you just said.  It's all one big corporate secret.

We may agree that ADT treats their customers like shit, but we don't agree
that the majority of independents suck. There are some in every market who
operate like clasic trunk-slammers, usually selling their accounts as an
"authorized dealer" for one of the Nationals. I won't name names, but ADT
ain't the only one... On the other hand, the true independents, the ones who
operate independently of the larger companies, by-and-large are caring
professionals who place quality and their customers first. They are easy to
spot- the ones who do the background checks, proper licensing, don't have
numerous BBB complaints, generally serve a serve a slightly "higher income"
clientele, and have been around for a while, growing slowly with hard work
and word-of-mouth advertising.

You also generally won't find them trashing the competition- they instead
show why their product is better, not why the other guy's product is worse.