Re: Need advice on leading companies for prox readers and access control

On 17 Nov 2005 05:39:53 -0800, "Ned" <nedhart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The company I work for has 1000 employees and currently wants to
>control 5 doors in one building with plans to expand to 7 other
>buildings which are connected via high speed fiber network. We want to
>print ID badges, and be able to export names and photos from the
>database.  We are interested in prox readers, and possibly something
>based on biometrics.  I contacted Kronos three weeks ago and I keep
>getting the runaround.  We are looking for the best of the best in
>terms of hardware and sofwtware and cost is not a factor.  I would
>appreciate some advice on which companies I should be contacting.
>
>thanks
>NH

You'll need to consider two things: the equipment and the
installation.  Try to find a manufacturer who sells to more than one
integrator.  That way, if you are not  happy with the installing
company, you can find another to support your system.  I'd suggest
looking at Software House www.swhouse.com or Casi-Rusco
www.casi-rusco.com for equipment.  You can find out from them who is
certified to install their equipment in your area.  Make sure the
installting company has been trained and is an authorized dealer for
whatever product you choose.  Kronos is really a time and attendance
company who may know little about complex access systems.

If you'll post the area you're in, you may get a response from a local
company able to perfrom this installation.  ADT is almost everywhere
and does thousands of access control jobs a year (800-ADT-ASAP).
Johnson Controls and Siemens are two other major national companies
who do a lot of large access control systems.