Need advice on leading companies for prox readers and access control

The company I work for has 1000 employees and currently wants to
control 5 doors in one building with plans to expand to 7 other
buildings which are connected via high speed fiber network. We want to
print ID badges, and be able to export names and photos from the
database.  We are interested in prox readers, and possibly something
based on biometrics.  I contacted Kronos three weeks ago and I keep
getting the runaround.  We are looking for the best of the best in
terms of hardware and sofwtware and cost is not a factor.  I would
appreciate some advice on which companies I should be contacting.

thanks
NH