Re: Keeping up with Cables in new installation

> Except when they spray drywall mud all over...you gotta cover it with plastic bag if you write on the wires.

True.  Of course, that's also true of other wire-marking methods.  What
I like about my method compared to a wirelist is there's nothing to
lose.  If the wirelist is somehow misplaced it can be a royal pain
toning out the system.

Many years ago when panels were only a few zones I used punchblocks to
splice the cables.  I'd write up a legend and tape it to the inside of
the metal cover.  The legend identified every position on the
110-block.  A mag contact served as a tamper sensor on the inside of
the cover.  I used wirelists a few times until one of my techs started
labeling the wires with a Sharpie.  From then on that was the method we
used.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com