Re: FREE Home Security System + Free Installation

> Anyway, ADT Authorized Dealers are still pulling this crap on the public
> even though rumour has it that ADT is trying to swing things away from the
> phoney free system approach, to getting at least $400 up front for the
> system. I guess that horrendous attrition rates are making them rethink
> their approach over the longer term. Probably a good move on their
> part....

Exactly. If someone gives you something for "free", what is it's bottom-line
value to you? Nothing, of course. Why would you feel compelled to place much
importance on paying for something that was advertised as "free"? You
wouldn't. The "free" system automatically draws those who are stupid enough
to not read the fine print, and those same stupid people are the ones who
are least likely to keep up the payments.

Need to replace all those blue yards signs with ones that say "I'm a Moron".