Re: Alarm systems w/o phone line

On 18 May 2005 10:50:48 -0700, "mwazowski" <mwazowski1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Does any have an alarm system that is actively monitored w/o a hard
>line into their home.  (We are a cell phone only family)  Just
>wondering what other options are out there.  I know ADT has a cellular
>device that they use to communicate with your system in the event the
>line is cut... could this be used as the primary communication method?
>Do Brinks and other major companies have similar options?  Is their a
>DIY method I could consider?
>
>TIA.

You can use a variety of cellular products to accomplish this.  Some
are universal and work off a simple contact closure from the control
panel.  Others are designed to wrok with specific equipment and can
provide point identification over the cellular connection to the
central station.  ADT typically oem's their stuff from Ademco and DSC
and uses Tellular, Alarmnet, and DSC cellular products.