Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

I LOVE DSC.

Look, if a guy can buy a house with a DSC panel in it, knowing
absouletly ZERO about alarm systems, monitoring, etc - and within a
week figure out how to do a hardwire reset to defaults, reprogram it,
and also hook an autodialer up - AND have it all work - what's not to
like?

I think DSC is a great system; maybe it's not for pro installs. But for
a DYI - I can't see anything wrong with it.

Also, some of you know I recently had to choose between rewiring and
reprogramming an existing Ademco (which I knew nothing about) - or
replacing it with a DSC (which I'd rate myself as mid level in) - I
chose to replace it.

Why?

Well, I asked the good folks in this forum for a copy of the ademco
Vista (exact model forgotten) install manual.

And - one of the good people from this forum got me a copy.... one of
the posters in this very thread, actually.

(Thanks, BTW)!!!!!!

Anyway -

The DSC install manual is about 1/4".

The Ademco install manual is about 1".

That fact alone scared me back to going with DSC.