Re: NO MURDER PROSECUTION KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

found this unrelated - another case entirely but a short interesting read
nonetheless
as you can see, i'm still in search engine land

A Security Guard's Unsolved Mystery
(NC-May 8, 2003)--Rachel Dietrich lived in Charlotte less than two
months.She moved here from Pennsylvania with a boyfriend in the fall of
1995. The 20-year-old got a job with Spartan Security working overnight as a
Private Security Guard.Then in Oct. 14, 1995, she disappeared from her guard
shack.Next day, police got a call from a nearby church.... Someone going to
a 1 p.m. choir practice at the Church had found a woman in the grass behind
the sanctuary. It was Dietrich. She'd been beaten to death.Police have never
made an arrest in the case."I still pray every day that they will find the
person who did this to her," said Dietrich's mother, Debbie Dietrich.
"Somebody has to know something. It's been eight years and I've heard
nothing. "Detective Steve Furr, who was there the morning Rachel Dietrich
was reported missing, still keeps her case file at his desk but admits he
can't really work on the case because he has no leads to chase."It was like
she was sucked up in a tornado," Furr said. "Nothing in the guard house was
disturbed. "Nobody saw anything."The detective said the motive doesn't
appear to be robbery. An autopsy determined she wasn't sexually assaulted,
even though her pants were down and her uniform shirt was unbuttoned.Unlike
a lot of homicide victims, Furr said, Dietrich had no criminal record, no
drug abuse, no known history of domestic violence. And so another Unsolved
Mystery...A PSG this time.