Re: 4 . Wireless alarm systems INTERFERING sources>

You have to understand that Paul (the RFI nutjob) is a wacko. He doesn't =
even understand what he is copy/pasting.

He bought some piece of crap wireless alarm system YEARS ago and it =
didnt work...who knows what the truth is...he may have even broken it =
putting it in...whatever.=20

Yah RFI exists. Is it a big problem with modern wireless alarm systems? =
No, if it was no one would buy or install them. Do problems occasionally =
arise, probably...but so do problems with broken wires, bad switches, =
blown fuses, shorted sirens.

Bottom line...Paul is wacko.

"Dr. Phred" <fred.spearey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> I'm new here but I'd like a chance to voice an opinion. RFI is=20
> everywhere on this planet and is ceated by just about everything on =
and=20
> surrounding this planet. It is true, RFI is real, but if it was really =

> all that much of a problem almost anything electronic wouldn't work. =
RFI=20
> is transmitted thought the air (radiated) and though wires =
(conducted).=20
> This is simple elementary knowledge. Anything electrical can generate=20
> it, have you ever tried to listen to a radio when the wife vacuums?, =
or=20
> tried to use a CB when sun spot activity is high. It can cause =
concerns.=20
> But it is in no way as bad as I have some people talk about in this=20
> group. If a product was so suseptible to RF that it wouldn't work, the =

> UL or FCC wouldn't give it their approval. I can hardly believe that a =

> grown man would spend hundreds of hours campaining about the pitfalls =
of=20
> wireless alarm simply because he probably had an install go bad in the =

> past that he couldn't resolve. There are literally millions of =
wireless=20
> alarm system in the world and if they were so unreliable as to fail=20
> every time someone shaved next door, I'm sure the manufactures would=20
> have been driven out of business years ago. I have only discovered a =
few=20
> wireless problems that have become a mystery to resolve. I have found =
as=20
> many strange quirks with wired systems, some resulting from RFI( yes,=20
> they can suffer from that too). All I can say is, I'm not a fan of air =

> cooled engines, but I didn't spend my life trying to run Volkswagon =
out=20
> of business. I hope that these people realize that as they waste their =

> lives whining about the BIG RFI problem, they're only creating more =
with=20
> each key stroke...
>=20
> -pull@shoot wrote:
> > What type of signals are able to produce RFI (Radio Frequency
> > Interference) on Wireless Alarm Systems and will jeopardize they're
> > operation?
> >=20
> > Not all Radio Frequency (RF) transmitters are able to generate RFI,
> > they have to be in accordance to certain rules described hereafter.
> >  Find here with more detail the list of Radio Frequency (RF)
> > transmitter sources generating RFI mentioned here above:
> >=20
> > 1. RF transmitters operating "ON" the Wireless Alarm Systems
> >    frequency.
> >    This is the most annoying RFI, it require only a very low power =
> >    do so (in my REAL case, 1 milliWatt was enough);
> >=20
> > 2. RF transmitters "SATURATING" the input stage of the Wireless =
Alarm