Re: 4 . Wireless alarm systems INTERFERING sources>

I'm new here but I'd like a chance to voice an opinion. RFI is
everywhere on this planet and is ceated by just about everything on and
surrounding this planet. It is true, RFI is real, but if it was really
all that much of a problem almost anything electronic wouldn't work. RFI
is transmitted thought the air (radiated) and though wires (conducted).
This is simple elementary knowledge. Anything electrical can generate
it, have you ever tried to listen to a radio when the wife vacuums?, or
tried to use a CB when sun spot activity is high. It can cause concerns.
But it is in no way as bad as I have some people talk about in this
group. If a product was so suseptible to RF that it wouldn't work, the
UL or FCC wouldn't give it their approval. I can hardly believe that a
grown man would spend hundreds of hours campaining about the pitfalls of
wireless alarm simply because he probably had an install go bad in the
past that he couldn't resolve. There are literally millions of wireless
alarm system in the world and if they were so unreliable as to fail
every time someone shaved next door, I'm sure the manufactures would
have been driven out of business years ago. I have only discovered a few
wireless problems that have become a mystery to resolve. I have found as
many strange quirks with wired systems, some resulting from RFI( yes,
they can suffer from that too). All I can say is, I'm not a fan of air
cooled engines, but I didn't spend my life trying to run Volkswagon out
of business. I hope that these people realize that as they waste their
lives whining about the BIG RFI problem, they're only creating more with
each key stroke...