Re: First announcement about RFI i made..

Paranoia and delusional thinking are not uncommon effects of cannabis =
both acute and chronically. In the acute experience it appears to be =
from the perceptual distortions of space, time and feelings of =
detachment.

In chronic use paranoid and delusional thinking appear to be the =
consequences of the suppression of feelings, the dulling of feelings may =
alienate the cannabis users from others by diminishing empathetic =
capabilities. This emotional insensitivity then results in conflict =
through misperception. Misperception results from the dulling of affect =
that is important contextual collateral information source. An effective =
relief of emotional distress then becomes an impediment to relationships =
with the cannabis user. Feelings are an integral dimension of social =
perception that convey important contextual information. Cannabis, as an =
effective sedative and antidepressant, has this undesirable side effect =
when misused. The relief afforded by the drug may be paid for by =
complications caused by avoiding dealing with the causes of the =
emotional pain as well as diminished functioning while under its =
influence.

Cognitive impairment by continuing or overuse of cannabis creates a form =
of mild dementia that may persist for up to several weeks after =
discontinuing the drug. Individuals sensitive to the drug report a =
persistent =EC hangover=EE that diminishes the ability to pay attention =
and concentrate. The onset may be insidious, subtle, and gradual. This =
condition is reversible with abstinence from cannabis.