Re: Window sensors

Crash Gordon® wrote:

> Depends on how good you are at fishing wires up to the top of window from the existing contact...not an easy task!
>
> If the layout of the home allows...maybe add more motion detectors...except you cant use them at night if they are in an area you may want to walk through.
>
> ...screw the tops closed with removable pins/screws?
>

> <TheAberdeenKid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1116881031.385332.43750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>>hmmm. I wish the alarm contracotor had thought of that when he ran the
>>wires...is there anything I can do at this point to close the loop in
>>that hole...

Probably not an attractive option to use wireless transmitters seeing
how your windows have already been wired, but one method I've seen used
(for those who might see double-hung windows as a real pain) is to
attach the transmitter to the bottom half, and the magnet to the top
half, at that midway point where the two halves are up against each
other.  You might have to use a shallow magnet if you don't have
sufficient clearance between the two halves, so that opening the bottom
window won't bump the magnet or knock it off completely.