Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

Ok, try these on for size....

Too many DOA panels right out of the box...
Wireless contacts far too difficult to enroll ....
Abandoned 900 mhz wireless leaving end users needing to add additional
components with little option other than to change out the whole wireless
component base..
Power 832 that caught fire and almost burned a building down....(given to
DSC tech manager as proof)
Too many "supervisory troubles" where no problem was found, and requiring a
"power down, power up" on site to remedy the situation..
Flaky connection problems with the DLS software (even after updates...)

In fairness, all panel lines suffer from some level of problems. I have had
a number of Paradox DG 75 motions go "open" through failure of the on board
relay....cost me a false alarm surcharge....plus a couple of 1641 LCD
keypads go defective.....so no manufacturer is perfect.

RHC