Re: Pricing on Ademco Smokes

Frank Olson said:

>> As for just testing the smokes with canned smoke... The NFPA suggests
>> replacing all Smokes at 10 years. Earlier if they are the "First
>> Generation"
>
>The section of the NFPA you're referring to concerns unsupervised AC smoke
>alarms, not system supervised smoke detectors.

In this particular case, you're mistaken.  The 5806 smokes are UL listed as
single station smoke alarms, just like the battery-operated smokes you'd
buy at Home Depot.  They just happen to have a wireless transmitter inside.
So, NFPA 72's requirement to replace "smoke alarms" every ten years does
seem to apply in this case.  These are not system smokes, and as I recall,
there is no simple way to do sensitivity testing on them.

- badenovI