Re: New Napco Ver5 software

I loaded it up today

1. MUCH easier zone programming
2. Now supports the MA1000E and MA1008E which are most of our Napco panels
3. Support for TCP/IP monitoring
4.
5. Optional tree view to quickly move to various parts of programming
without clicking on the top icons
6. Same dopy colors, it's like the designers took a few too many Black
Beauties during the 70's
7. Overall interface still needs lots of improvement
8. Seemed easier to install on workstations with a central database, easy
upgrade of said database which is unusual
9. I'm no longer sure 9 exists, still researching

The software isn't designed for a large amount of panels, list more than 100
and it starts to drag while loading like DSC,  might be something I missed
but it needs to be able to segment and list by group and not show all panels
at the same time with better search capabilities. Can't make the screen
smaller without losing several of the top icons, needs to have a better
connect and transfer screen

Now if they'd add the 1010LKDL, 2600, 1016 series and the 1008LKDL I'd throw
away the dos software, why do I have this strange feeling they won't?