Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

How do you obtain liability and e/o insurance without a contract? Don't =
insurance carriers require to see your contract in Canada? The do here. =
You can't get insurance without the insurance carrier approving your =
contract.

Contacts are to protect you and your client. And you don't have to =
enforce anything in the contract if you don't want to.

If you're a small company can you absorb the cost of protecting yourself =
from a lawsuit without insurance and a valid contract to fall back on? =
If you think some nutjob won't try to sue you someday..think again. Not =
everyone is your friend.

Feeding at the trough? You don't think you have overhead for monitoring? =
- mailing billing cost, keeping someone on call 24hrs to answer clients =
questions, liability insurance, etc. You're adverse to making a fair =
profit? If your third party monitoring station only charged you a $1.00 =
a month for an account would you only charge $2.00 to your client?=20

----------------------------
> My "so called" business plan is working well I'll have you know. =
Contrary to
> most companies in this industry, I actually created a very real =
business
> plan based on sold rate models that I used when working in Bell =
Canada. Nor
> have I had to change it much during it's implementation. My son is now =
full
> time in the business and will be taking it over very soon. Our =
revenues
> continue to rise dramatically, and my service costs are far below what =
> imagined they would ever be. My phone continues to ring continually, =
and I
> have ZERO overhead costs when it comes to advertising and promotion. =
Our
> [...]
> are not...). My reputation in the local industry is solid; nor do I =
ever
> have to resort to getting "down and dirty" with many other local =
companies.
> And the longer I'm in this business, the firmer my beliefs are about =
certain
> industry practices. And just to reiterate (if it even matters to you) =
here
> is what I've come to believe to be true
>=20
> 1- Long term contracts demanded by most companies in this business =
(when not
> necessary to ensure a "free system" is paid for) are almost an =
industry
> scam. There is simply no need for them! Most cases amount to nothing =
more
> than a customer ripoff !!!
> 2- Most small companies charge excessive rates for monthly monitoring
> services (in excess of $20 even when not paying down the cost of the =
system
> put in at an artificially low price). Larger companies need this level
> legitimately to maintain their higher overheads, but smaller ones are =
simply
> feeding at the trough !!
> 3- There ought to be a law against locking customer owned fully paid =
for
> alarm panels.
> 4- The marketeers of free systems have cheapened the market even while
> creating increased demand
> 5- You don't need a long term contract on accounts to make them =
valuable to
> more sophisticated buyers
> 6- There's no true leadership in this industry by the largest of the =
alarm
> companies. They simply are the largest (and some would say the worst) =
of the
> bottom feeding money grubbers.
> 7- You don't take every customer that comes in the door. You have to =
stay
> strictly within your market niche.
> 8- You must weed out your "non payers" ruthlessly
> 9- Automatic billing is the only way to go. If they don't want that, =
then
> send them elsewhere.
>=20
> I have about 800 accounts now and growing fast at about 5 a week. I =
wouldn't
> have gone beyond my ceiling of 500 if my son hadn't joined me in the
> business. I thought I would spend my time doing service work, but that
> simply hasn't come about. I'm going to head out on my motorcycle soon =
and
> leave things in good hands !! And to sum it up, I don't give a tinkers =
damn
> whether you or anyone else agrees with my methodology; my customers =
do. I
> look after them first and foremost and it seems they look after me ! =
If what