Re: EOLR Depate

> ...However, does normal installtion constitute
> such measures?  Most of the door contacts are
> in (or bordering) climate controlled
> environments (door frames, etc).I twist, crimp,
> and tape, but don't solder or heat shrink for
> the most part. Now outside, or in an outdoor
> box, yes.

I usually soldered and taped in-wall splices.  I prefer not to use crimps
other than inside a splice box or cabinet because they can get hung up on
the hole when you try to pull the contact out for service.

Each to his own.  As long as the connection is secure and gas-tight it
should last as long as the building.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass