Re: Please hold... Please hold... Please hold...

Subject: Re: Please hold...  Please hold...  Please hold...
Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms
=> John O <=  wrote:

>There's definitely a trick to getting at the ability of the caller. I used
>to do phone tech support for Heathkit, and I developed a way to get to their
>knowledge level fairly quickly. Sometimes they'll tell you what they know,
>but sometimes you have to judge the silence on the other end when you ask a
>test question like: 'is that RMS or peak?'  But yeah, smart customers are
>either great or major trouble. They either overlooked something easy,
>something is busted, or the problem is impossible to solve.

There is also a method in asking a question.  When I call I tell them *exataly*
what equipment I'm dealing with.  Then go into great detail about what I'm
trying to accomplish.  Follow-up with every step I've tried to make it work.

If you give them something to work with, they will work with you.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email