Re: What Tool Do I Need To Compress Standard RG6 Connectors Onto The Stripped Cable...

Subject: Re: What Tool Do I Need To Compress Standard RG6 Connectors Onto The
Stripped Cable...
Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms
=> JW <=  wrote:

>I don't know why I'm having so much trouble getting everyone to understand
>what I'm looking for.  I am NOT looking for a CRIMPING TOOL,  I have a good
>one like many posters have recommended.  I'm looking for a tool to COMPRESS
>or SQUEEZE the connector (like the ones in the link below) onto the stripped
>cable BEFORE I crimp it.  I know most installers just push and twist by hand
>until the connector is in the correct position for crimping but I was hoping
>someone made a tool for this because after doing several of these by hand,
>your fingers get pretty tired. I don't know any other way to get my point
>across so I will give up after this.  Thanks to everyone anyway.  Joe

After you cut (and prep) the cable the fitting easily slides onto it.  Why do
you need a tool?  I've done 100's in one sitting and never had any tired
fingers.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email