Re: Alarm silence/power query ??

Peter,
You will have to either disconnect the siren to avoid disturbing the
neighbors, or power the unit down by removing ac power AND disconnecting
either the red or the black wire on the system battery that is in the
control box.  This is not the keypad, but the control unit that is usually
found in a closet or basement..

Depending on the brand of the alarm system, you should be OK when you are
finished to power it back up.  When you power up, connect the AC transformer
first and then connect the battery.  Certain panels will require you to
reset the system time.  When you are ready to do that, just come back to the
group for help.
Regards,
Allan Waghalter
Houston, TX