Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

RG wrote:
> The house we purchased has a CADDX, NX-6 system. It appears that the
> previous alarm company changed the installer code (probably to lockout
> competitors).

most competent companies change the installer code

  I have been unable to talk to anyone at this company.

must be out of business

> So I plan to install a new NX-6 board.
>
> I however do not have the keys to the cabinet/case in which the board is
> housed (the standard cabinet pictured in numerous websites as well as the
> CADDX brochure).
>
> When I called another local alarm company, they quoted me 325$ (189 for the
> board and the rest for labor) to replace the panel... Hence my desire to
> undertake this project myself (as well as skepticism abt said company).

some would do this for cost just to get your account

> My question:
> When I buy the NX-6 control panel, will it come with the keys for the
> cabinet? Are these keys standard? Will installing this new board be
> sufficient for me to get monitoring from any company which supports CADDX?

yes, yes, yes
what area you in?

> Thanks in advance for any help/information.
>
> Ruman (Email: rumang at-> gmail  )
> ps: Someone from the alarm company which did the previous monitoring
> actually did call back about 4 weeks after my last message. They talked to
> my wife and *apparently* said, they couldnt reset the installer code. but
> offered to monitor for 19.95/month.

if that is not too much just take them up on it and give them your new
info and bingo you are monitored.