Re: Insurance companys wonder why there so hated

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Lawsuits are dumb.

I was involved in a suit because I was a subcontractor for a major home
builder in the area. They were being sued (and rightfully so) because of
ground settlement issues...100 houses foundations had heaved badly. I was
involved because of just being a subcontractor for them...and I didn't even
work in 60 of the houses...and what the fuck would a low-voltage contractor
have to do with a foundation heaving??? Like the weight of 1000' of 22/4
would make the foundation fail? I told their attorneys to take a hike.

Everybody gets invited to the picnic. Attorneys don't anything about
anything until they sort it out. By that time they have cost you money. The
other issue is that if you named the construction company as additional
insured, you will always be brought into these things by their insurance
company's attorneys. They are looking for ways to spread the liability.
Always limit your liabiliy on additional insured policies to your exact
scope of work including the dates from start to finish. If you are only on
the job for a month, don't give it to them for the full term of your policy.
Nothing worse than getting drug into a lawsuit on something that happened a
month before you ever stepped foot on the property. If you give someone an
insurance certificate for liablity naming them additional insured and your
policy is from 1/05 to 1/06 and you didn't start until 5/05, you just named
them as additional insured on an incident that happened in 2/05. Will you
get released from liability? Absolutely, but there will be a time and
aggrevation cost to getting released and telling them to go away doesn't
always work.

Bob4Secur