Re: Here's one for the books

How about a washing machine hose breaking while homeowner was out of =
town for weekend, the hose sprayed water directly into Radx 6112 for 3 =
days. It was really funny when I went to service it...client said "it =
got the panel box a *little* wet". Sheesh....the only thing left on that =
wall WAS the box, all the dry wall was washed away. Panel just shut =
itself down...I sent it to repair for "re-grooving" and worked fine =
after that. The keypad was another story...it swims with the fishes.

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
>=20
> "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> >I got a call from a large business customer of mine that the Power =
832 had=20
> >completely shut down and nothing was working. So I immediately hit =
the road=20
> >and was there in about 5 minutes time. By the time I got there, =
people were=20
> >complaining about a foul, noxious odour coming from the small utility =
room=20
> >where the panel was located. As I got to the door, I could see the =
smoke=20
> >coming from under the door.
> >
> > Anyway, upon entering, I could see this foul brown smoke was coming =
from=20
> > the alarm can. When I opened it up, the main board immediately burst =
into=20
> > flame from the oxygen that was now available, and that had not been=20
> > available previously due to the intense smoke inside the can. I=20
> > disconnected AC and battery, and was able to blow the fire out, but=20
> > needless to say, the board was toast (literally), and the whole =
system had=20
> > to be replaced. What had happened was the bridge rectifier on the =
board=20
> > had shorted in some fashion and ignited.
> >
> > But thinking about it afterwards, this panel could have burned the =
whole=20
> > damn building down. Who says low voltage equipment poses no risks =
!!!!!
>=20
>=20
> Interesting.  In my experience situations like this usually "rectify"=20
> themselves in that the traces on the board will blow off thus =
preventing any=20
> further current from "heating" things up...  Case-in-point...  an =
Edwards=20