Re: 34. Is monitoring required?

I had a customer sign up for monitoring, and they had a policy with
Statefarm. The customer never paid me even when I contacted the customer
numerous times. I then cancelled all 3 of their accounts after 6 months of
non payment. I then sent cancellation notices to Statefarm with a reason
why.

Statefarm then cancelled all their policies. All this happened shortly after
the huge storms hit Florida. When the customer tried to get new policies
elsewhere, they were faced with 3 times the original cost of what they were
paying Statefarm initially.

After several weeks of begging and pleading to renew their policies by the
customer, both Statefarm and I stood our ground. To this day, they have yet
to offer to pay any back monitoring.

What can I say?

Jim Rojas