Re: Integrated security solution

I fully recommend that you connect all systems to PC that has an
installed automation to control all scenarios. There are a few
automations on the market where you can connect fire, access control,
CCTV, burglary, perimiter protection, etc.
In these type of automations you can create scenarios and trip external
relays to activate remote equipment. For example: We did a project that
was 65000m2. The perimeter was protected by MW/IR Dual Beams. These
were connected to a PC that controlled everything. What do I mean by
everything. The dome cameras automatically turned to the point of
entry, trip the digital recorder and alerted the security guards. The
software also controlled lighting (such as external lighting is
activated at certain times), air conditioning (the system automatically
activated the air conditioning when the temperatures were increasing.
So the offices were cool in the morning before anybody else was at
work), Access Control (where some regions were not allowed after
certain times), Fire detection (linked and backed up by CCTV). The
system connected the whole infrastructure reducing manpower and
increasing the security.
The best automation for such an application is the one made by
Honeywell. But it is the most expensive alternative. The one we used
was called SESAM. The only problem with SESAM is that it did not have
drivers for all equipment. So we had to develop them ourselves. But in
the end it turned out to be alright.
Good luck.