Re: Hey Tom!!

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_cSve.9002$Zo.6097@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> He is reading, just not replying. He did, however, let me know that my
> bass
> fishing post was boring by posting a [yawn].

You'll notice he didn't respond *directly* to you.  As long as you don't go
around posting information about his past behaviour, faulty logic,
deliberate mis-interpretation, misrepresentation, and outright lies, he's
affable, respectful, and dis-inclined to argue with you.  He's not sure
about how to take Rojas either (since he's teamed up with Mike on the "Alarm
Associates" site)...

> He will be back when the sting
> of the last debate heals and he feels that everyone has forgotten it.

I agree with you about the last part, but he'll remember this "sting" for a
long time and use anything you've posted that's the least bit contravertial
against you when he's given the opportunity.

> If he
> looked up the proposed language in the Florida legislation package I
> referred him to, he is trying to figure out how to get around the added
> language that says, "In addition, the term alarm contractor, shall also
> mean
> any person, firm or corporation, that engages in the business of alarm
> contracting under an express or "implied contract", or that undertakes,
> offers to undertake, "purports to have the capacity to undertake" or
> submits
> a bid to engage in the busineess of alarm contracting as described in this
> part, or that does itself by or "through others" engage in the business of
> alarm contracting". Maybe that is why he is making the decision to finally
> get out of the monitoring contract business.

Nahh...  I tend to believe him in that it's not proving itself to be the
"profit centre" he thought it could be.  I doubt he's at all successful in
selling third party monitoring over the internet.  Not only that, he's
deliberately misrepresenting Alarm Central's interests by saying they're "UL
Listed" when they're not (which I don't think goes over well at all).  As
for his 1.5 mil in sales, "the math" just doesn't work...  Robert (on many
occasions) has boasted his average DIY sale is about $350.00 (for a complete
system).  Using that number and his grossly inflated annual sales figure it
translates to about 10 systems a day.  He's also stated that he spends about
two hours on the phone with each new sale (teaching the DIY'er how to
install, set-up, and program the panel).  10 systems a day at 2 hours each
translates to 20 hours on the phone...  Sur-r-r-e!!!

A company receiving that many calls for tech support wouldn't have just one
individual answering the phone.  More-over, wouldn't let that kind of
business slide while he basks in the sun in Bahia three times a year.  There
have been far too many former customers posting here that have expressed
frustration over the fact that they couldn't call him or get answers to
their e-mailed questions.  I figure his sales probably gross about $200,000
per year (including the tube tops and the wicker furniture)...  At "35%"
profit that works out to a nice $45 - 50K a year which is nothing to sneeze
at but hardly anything to really boast about (unless you're comparing sales
with alarmsuperstore)...  :-))