Re: Burns-Citadel alarm?

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> Put it in a museum.
>
> Buy an audible toning device...attach it to a zone...go around opening do=
ors/windows and you'll figure out the zoning pretty quick.

> A tube? That's gotta be ancient! hmmm if it's really that old you probabl=
y have 2 zones...

> sounds like a fun project though

It's not a radio type tube it just looks like it.

In some of the old panels, manufacturers would use an "Amperite" (Mfg
name) tube for a delay. It had a heater coil in it which would warm up
at a pretty constant rate when a voltage was applied and warp a piece
of metal (inside the tube) that would open/close a set of contacts
after a short delay. I've got a few of them hanging around somewhere.
They used a lot of current. When the systems were working off battery
(dry cells, back then) the batteries would wear out in no time.