Re: Ademco programming

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hwNoe.46$S37.13455@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You "can" program almost the either panel without the 6139, you only need it
for zone programming. Most of the time I don't install a programming keypad,
but I always carry one on the truck...with long alligator clip leads on it.
Any user programming can be done without the 6139. I highly discourage
homeowners from programming their system if I am monitoring it...actually I
don't allow it at all. If this is y our house  you're talking about then
install a 6139 or the newer programming keypad...I think the 6160 can
program but double check on that..I cant remember fer sure.

There isn't any reliable local alarm company where I live so I installed my
own system.  How good are these online monitoring companies that'll do the
programming remotely for $40 or so? I could take the time to program my
Ademco, but if it's only $40, I wouldn't bother doing it myself. I think the
big risk is whether or not they would lock me out of my panel.

Bob