Re: ademco can lid - what's the oblong knockout for?

"autonut843" <hmjunk31415@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
> This isn't that important, I'm just curious.  the oblong knockout in
> the middle of the Ademco can lids, what's that for?  I know the one by
> the edge is for the key lock but the one in the middle stumps me.
> Thanks,
> Too curious for my own good....  :-)

There are situations (applications) where another device is mounted to the
door, ie a strobe light, interior siren, keypad control etc. These panels
can be controlling many different remote type devices, not just for burg, so
there has been a arrangement made for mounting that annuciator, indicator,
etc. right at the control panel. Some panels have knock outs on all sides.
Different manufactures have different sizes and shape knock outs. Some
installs require that these knockouts are actually opened and then resealed,
if not used, with a secure plug to stop or at least slow down an attack on
the panel.

Bob4Secur