Re: Vista 10SE powering up in STAY mode

When all else fails try the following:

Step 1  - Approach the ailing panel in a confident manner. This will
give the panel the mistaken idea that you know something. This will
also impress anyone who happens to be looking, and if the panel should
suddenly start working, you'll be credited with its repair. If this
fails to work, proceed to step two.

Step 2 -        Wave the installation manual at the panel. This will
make it assume that you are at least familiar with the source of
knowledge. Should this fail to work, proceed to step three.

Step 3 - In a forcible manner, recite ohm's law to the panel (Caution!
Before taking this drastic step, refer to a reliable book to be sure
of your knowledge of Ohm's law). This will prove to the panel beyond a
shadow of a doubt, that you know something. If this step fails,
proceed to step four.

Step 4 -        Jar the panel slightly. This may require anything from
a three to six foot drop. However, you must be careful with this step
because while jarring is an approved method of repair, you must not
mar the floor. (The owner of the panel must not be allowed to watch
this technique being applied). This is a very drastic method. If it
fails, proceed to step five.

Step 5 -        Brandish a large Phillips screwdriver in a menacing
manner. This will frighten the panel and demonstrate your knowledge of
the deadly "short circuit" repair technique. If this fails, proceed to
step six.

Step 6 -        Manually bypass a zone or device... Even if the
circuit is fine. This will prove that you are familiar with the panels
design. This will confuse the panel and thereby increase your
advantage. If this doesn't work, proceed to the most drastic and
dangerous step. It is seldom needed and is a final resort if all else
fails.

"Crash Gordon®" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Isn't that the old method of bringin up the installer code on older panels?