Re: Seeeking link for HAI OmniPro II Web-link software.

> Alarm Pro wrote:
>>
>> As a licensed installer, I do not perceive DIY as competitors, or their
>> suppliers.   That makes me rare in ASA, but in the long run it has paid
>> off.
>> I've picked up monitoring and turnover work from DIY installations, and
>> the
>> occasional part sale.
>
> I can't think of anyone "in" ASA that "perceives DIY'ers as
> competitors.
>
> I don't know of anyone who thinks of anyone else in ASA, as an actual
> competitor, either.

I've seen a fair amount of anti DIY stuff in ASA over the years.  Its
mellowed some.

> DIY'ers, will do what they do, if they really want to. They were never
> an installers client to begin with. ie, no loss. We're all DIR'ers to
> some extent, so what makes alarms any different than any other home
> project?

I agree

> Everyone who is "in" ASA is so far removed from each other, that
> there's no chance that anyone would ever be competing for the same
> potential client for an installation. So on both counts, business
> competition has nothing to do with ASA.

Actually there is at least one other regular here in my general area, but we
don't compete all that often.

> It seems to me, from your comment, that you'd have a better
> "perception" of ASA....

I've been here for some time and seen all sides of it.  Its just Usenet, so
I ignore it.

Best I can tell Bass did pioneer the DIY security equipment on the Internet,
but he seems to have some sort of hardon over HAI and Worthington.  No idea
why, don't care either.  Both provide good gear and good support to the
trade and from what I can tell the DIY community as well.