Re: Seeeking link for HAI OmniPro II Web-link software.

Alarm Pro wrote:

> As a licensed installer, I do not perceive DIY as competitors, or their
> suppliers.   That makes me rare in ASA, but in the long run it has paid off.
> I've picked up monitoring and turnover work from DIY installations, and the
> occasional part sale.

I can't think of anyone "in" ASA that "perceives DIY'ers as
competitors.

I don't know of anyone who thinks of anyone else in ASA, as an actual
competitor, either.

DIY'ers, will do what they do, if they really want to. They were never
an installers client to begin with. ie, no loss. We're all DIR'ers to
some extent, so what makes alarms any different than any other home
project?

Everyone who is "in" ASA is so far removed from each other, that
there's no chance that anyone would ever be competing for the same
potential client for an installation. So on both counts, business
competition has nothing to do with ASA.

It seems to me, from your comment, that you'd have a better
"perception" of ASA if you considered the meanings of the words,
....... respect, consideration of others, social contract, courtesy,
propriety ............. and that the lack of all of these
characteristics, in Robert Bass is the cause of the condition of this
group. Couple that with his arrogant, antagonistic, belligerant and
quarellsome attitude, and ............... call what you see here
......... the results.

If any competition exists in ASA it's between an arrogant and socially
deviant son of a bitch Robert Bass and those who will not sit idle and
say nothing to protest what he knowingly and purposefully causes in
ASA. Anyone who ignores behavior from someone such as him, enables and
condones that kind of conduct. I don't and wont. And as you can see,
with out complete sanction, he continues. So be it.