Re: Garage Protection with Pets

Ok...never done it on Vista stuff... so..bear with me,,

*85 field is where you set the cross-zone timer
*81 is where you set up the Zone List...it looks like List 4 is where =
you set the zones to be cross-zoned.

Read the *Install* Manual you should be able to figure it out from =
there.

"Foo Bar" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> Hi Crash;
>=20
> I did a quick scan of the manual and didn't see any zone type that =
that=20
> used 2 triggers to alarm, but my reading wasn't real complete. I =
suppose=20
> I could put in 2 detectors in a NO loop to effectively AND the =
signals.=20
> The downside is the on time of about 3 seconds would require the=20
> detectee to move through both detectors at about the same time. Thanks =

> for the idea, I will look into using a small microprocessor to do what =

> you suggest to combine multiple sensors with a time window.
>=20
>                           -Bill-
>=20
>=20
> Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> > I believe the 20P can use cross-zoning, although I've never done it =
with this particular panel. You install 2 motion detectors in one area, =
then program them as cross-zoned with each other. A trip on one will not =
cause an alarm unless the other one also trips within a certain time =
frame (usually programmable in the panel). Then with a little creative =
pir placement you're all set.
> >=20
> >>Another newbie question here.
> >>
> >>House is a combo wired/wireless with an Ademco 20P panel. I have a=20
> >>problem protecting the attached 2 car garage. The main garage door, =
the=20
> >>door to the house and the back door are mag contact protected. The=20
> >>problem is that we have cats and sometimes want to bypass the back =
door=20
> >>to let them go in/out while away for a short time. Thus I need some =
sort=20
> >>of "space" protection to pick up someone who may enter via the=20
> >>bypassed/open back door. I first tried an Aurora PIR mounted just =
below=20
> >>the open rafters. Unfortunately, with small cats, if they climb into =
the=20
> >>rafters, they are close (and hot) enough to simulate a 40lb critter. =
I=20
> >>pulled the Ademco and replaced it with a microwave/PIR combo unit. =
Much=20