Re: Electric Lock choice

bhnjr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Will look at the Rutherford site, to gain some insite on this top mount
> lock.  Just a curiousity -- why are the mag locks not accepted in your
> area?  Does the Rutherford lock seem to be the best choice?  Again,
> thanks for your input (yours & Crash Gordon)

Alot of it has to with companies not installing them properly and people
getting caught in a fire. If they dont release during a fire or panic
situation, you are going to have deaths. So the city here will rarely
allow them to be installed anymore. Older ones are "grandfathered" and
can still be used. lots of reasons they wont allow it, and all the red
tape to get one isnt worth it.

Rutherford has a decent warranty and are solid products. Von Duprin is
another we use often, but mainly for heavier commercial installs.