Re: Dog Door Security - Please Help

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> I usually contact the slide...but that's only effective when you put the =
slide in (keeping
> the dog from going in/out).
>
> You could, in addition to the motion detector, also contact the interior =
laundry room door. But, the bad guy is already in the house on that one too.

> If the dog doesn't go in/out at night put the slide in, or have a sturdie=
r door installed.

> If the dog is small enough maybe you can construct a man-trap (dog trap i=
n this case), where he'd have to make a turn to get in the house, but a per=
son couldn't.

> Install motion detector lighting outside on that side of the house.

The motion detector lighting is installed, now.  I've been looking for
sturdier doors, but can't seem to find any that look very robust.  The
auto open/close doors are made of plastic and look easy to break.  I
like the idea of contacting the interior door, but then again that
requires not allowing the dog to get out and in that case I might as
well board up the door.