Re: Dog Door Security - Please Help

<briansgooglegroupemail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1120952808.644667.135900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> J. Sloud wrote:
>
>> Being in the industry, if I had this problem I'd contact the dog door
>> with a wide gap contact and set it up as an alarm point.  I'd attach a
>> RFID tag to the dog's collar and use a long range reader to shunt the
>> contact when the dog was approaching the door.  Anything other than
>> the dog would cause an alarm if the dog door was opened.
>

> OK, can I do this wirelessly to an Ademco 20PS ?  If not, I need
> another solution.

Nope.  You'll need a stand alone prox reader with contact closures so you
can bypass the door contact.  That means you'll have to power the reader
from somewhere.  Of course, if the perp shoots the dog (or uses a quieter
method to incapicitate the animal) and decides to put the collar on himself,
you're facing the situation that Jim alluded to...  The perp (complete with
dog collar) standing over your bed...