Re: An email message from RLB

"joe" <nospam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MwpGe.13041$G71.8715@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Frank Olson wrote:
>
>> I decided to send Robert a little note that stated:
>>
>> "Have fun in Bahia!"
>>
>> via his new "instant messaging service" that he's "deployed" on his
>> Website.
>>
>> This is the response I got:
>>
>> "Please don't send me e-mail messages.  I have no interest in conversing
>> with you."
>>
>> Yet he "converses" with me in the Newsgroup regularily.  Duh-h-hhh!...
>>

> how does that work?
> will he know who is emailing him if someone doesn't put their name on the
> note?

Dunno.  I suppose you could put in a fake email addy, but I'm not certain as
to whether the server he's using tracks IP's.  It's an interesting program
though.  It uses a Java applet chat window so you can IM the company using
it.  I suppose he's had to go out and buy several "seats" in the system for
all the "staff" he employs.  :-))