Re: User Code Change!

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:IKidnSdzLIfkVVLfRVn-hA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mark, with all due respect, it only takes a fall of a few feet to the
> pavement, regardless of what you are riding, to put you in a brain dead
> state. This can happen suddenly without warning at any time. I see the
same
> sentiment in the motorcycle arena, especially in the US. Many states don't
> mandate helmet use, and most riders there seem to feel it should be a
matter
> of choice. So be it; far be it for me to challenge that logic.!! But it's
> pretty weak argument to your loved ones, when you are a vegetable staring
up
> at them from a hospital bed because you wanted the "freedom to choose",
and
> chose wrongly. I would also argue that the public roads being public, the
> state has the right to mandate minimum standards for use of those roads.
> Helmets are simply common sense safety procedures that don't infringe on
any
> rights other than the dubious right " to choose".
>
> When I see motorcyclists in full leather gear etc, they come across as far
> more professional. Those in Harley "do rags" without any sort of
protection
> look like the fools they clearly are (IMO).
>
> Look out for yourself Mark; people care....
>
> RHC

With motorcycles it's a different case as I always wear a helmet there
however for bicycling a recent study seems to indicate an increased amount
of head injuries with helmet wearers, I wish I could find the article,
nobody could explain why

However this isn't why I don't wear one on the bike, I think it's nerdy and
if I am wrong then I'll pay the price