Re: Local ADT "Authorized Dealer" violating Florida law

>> would putting door hangers on the knobs of
>> houses close to where an installer was installing
>> be considered 'door to door selling'?
>
> I'm not sure, but the "free system" offer from the local ADT Authorized
> Dealer is a clear violation of Florida law.
>
>> would 'free shipping' from bassburglaralarms also be a violation of FL
>> 'free gift' act? ;)
>
> If you believe that, file a complaint.  No sense just running your mouth.

I spoke to the owner of the local "authorized dealer" and he claims he knew
nothing of the flier.  He also said he didn't know the "free system" offer
is illegal in Florida.  It sounded as though he knew full well what the
flier contained.  I'm not going to take any action against him.  Maybe one
of the IB will file a complaint.  They seem to have nothing better to do.