Re: Local ADT "Authorized Dealer" violating Florida law

"bean" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> how is that violating the law?

In a press release from the Florida Attorney Generals Office, assistant
attorney general, Stephen Inglesias, stated that the offering of "Free"
alarm systems was a direct violation of Florida's "free gift" act and also a
violation of deceptive trade practice. Practicing such, has federal
implications, as well. ADT has been hit with this, by the State, but all of
their "Authorized Dealers"(some have been hit), haven't learned their
lesson. ADT, P1 and the old Securitylink were all hit for $100K plus
penalties. Can the average Authorized Dealer survive that? I blame ADT for
not educating their dealers and excepting agreements that were/are obtained
illegally. Nice Dealer Support, lets help them fail rather than succeed.
Many don't know, that in Florida, door to door solicitation for anything
over $25 dollars is illegal. Of course there are exemptions, but security
systems are not one of them.