Re: What smokes should I use? Not sentrol, right?

<johnfofawn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I like either the
>
> 521-BXT Smoke Detector: 2-Wire, CleanMe, Rate-of-Rise $37
>
> 2WT-B Photoelectric Smoke Detector: 2-Wire with 135-Degree Thermal
> (BK-2WTB) $38.75
>
> I don't think the 2WT-B has "clean me", though.
>
> Is the 521-BXT my best choice? What's the deal with the recall?
>
> John

The 521-BXT is a good detector.  So much so that Edwards (one of the biggest
fire alarm manufacturers in North America (if not the world) chose a similar
model to replace their 6249 and 6250 series detectors.  For residential
applications we use the System Sensor line.  The "42TA-B" model incorporates
everything you're looking for (although by the time the thermal sensor kicks
off, you've probably already evacuated the house because the smoke detector
will have already alerted you to the problem).  http://www.systemsensor.com.

As for dealing with "BBA", I'd suggest you have a look at the "BBB" first.
You may wish to pick an online company that doesn't have so many unresolved
complaints.  (http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonreport.html?bid=41001663)
The fact that he's also out of the country for the next two months could
mean additional interruptions/disruptions in service.  You've gotta give him
credit for trying though....

There are several other companies out there that provide superior (to Bass
at least) customer service.  If you stick around in this forum long enough
some customer is guaranteed to wind up posting more "why won't Robert
respond to my email or phone call" messages.

http://www.norcoalarms.com
http://www.tech-man.com/estore
http://www.alarmsystemstore.com
http://www.youralarmstore.com