Re: SwitchLinc reaction to power glitches

"RF Dude" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> I have a Smarthome Smartlinc switch and a PowerLinc 1132 controller.
> In our area when we have storms, we get a few "auto-reclosures" on our
> electrical utility.  That is, lightning strikes the primary (high
> voltage 44 kV) line somewhere, and our power goes out for just under 1
> second until the substation breaker closes again.  With a house full
> of electronics, I've never experienced any damage at all.  No signs of
> a power surge. Just a quick OFF then back ON again.  It is almost
> perfectly timed to make those outdoor motion lights turn on as if you
> deliberately flicked the switch quickly to turn them on manually.
> Anyway, within a month of when I received the Smartlinc switch, I
> noticed it would no longer respond to it's programmed house and unit
> code.  It reset to A1.  This happened a few more times before I
> realized that it was related to the electrical utility reclosures.   I
> have whole house surge suppression too.
>
> Then recently, we had another storm roll through with a few more of
> these quick outages.  Now my PowerLinc controller no longer responds
> to X10.  OK on the USB side.  No damage to *any* other equipment.
>
> Anyone else been having trouble with Smarthome products being
> sensitive to utility power glitches?
>
> RF Dude

I have approx. 12 Smarthome Lamplinc, Switchlinc and toggle link
Switches. When I experience a momentary power loss I lose the house and
unit code on (2) Out of the 12. They are always the same 2. I do not know
why only 2 out of the 12 behave this way. 1 is a switchlinc and the other
a lamplinc.

Kevin