Re: Stupid Human tricks

Yah...I send out small #6 3/4 return envelopes...no stamp...and their =
small and cheep.

We have a few whiners that want the return envelopes. It does speed up =
payment from people that still send their own checks...but lately been =
getting lots of bill-pay. Freeked me out the other day I got 4 clients =
checks all in one bill-pay envelope...now I gotta really pay attention!

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| Is anyone sending out addressed return envelopes with their billing? I =
have
| request from customers but am wondering what others are doing, if =
anything.
|=20
|=20
| "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > I use double window envelopes I buy from Walmart.
| >
| > Jim Rojas
| >

| > "Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > > Last week I tried to get my invoicing done on Thursday so I could =
go
| > > fishing
| > > on Friday.  No such luck.  I spent the whole afternoon tackling a
| > > takeover.
| > > Programming and testing was no big deal, and the add-ons the =
customer
| > > purchased made it worth while.
| > >
| > > Friday I headed into the office bright and early thinking I would =
crank
| > > them
| > > out and get it going.  First thing I did was load up a bunch of
| envelopes
| > > in
| > > the ol' high (relatively) speed inkjet and set it to print them =
while I
| > > finished invoicing.  It trashed more envelopes than it printed.  =
Oh,
| well.
| > > Sent the envelope job to the older printer on the network, and it
| printed
| > > them ok.  2-3 at a time between paper jams.  Grrrrrr.....
| > >
| > > Thinking to save my self a bunch of time in the future I headed =
over to
| > > the
| > > office supply store to buy a new printer.  I bought a nice fast =
laser
| > > printer.  Spent a half an hour getting it loaded on the network so =
all
| the
| > > computers could use it, and ran a test page from each machine.  =
Cool.  I
| > > loaded a stack of window envelopes in the tray and sent a print =
job to
| run
| > > off a hundred envelopes....  oops.  Not a good idea.  It melted =
the
| window
| > > in a dozen envelopes before I could get it shut off.  LOL.
| > >
| > > Spent the rest of the day printing my envelopes in the old inkjet =
at
| > > slower
| > > than crud speeds and unjammed it every few envelopes.  I think it
| actually
| > > felt sorry for me, because by the end it was running 30-40 =
envelopes
| > > between
| > > jams.
| > >
| > > Oh, well.  You gotta love this planned obsolescence.
| > >

| > > --=20
| > > The Security Consultant
| > > Bob La Londe - Owner
| > > 849 S Ave C