Re: Looking at wireless systems

Cutting the phone line does not disarm the alarm. Some alarm panels can =
be programmed to monitor the phoneline and set off an alarm (sometimes =
annoying), alarms that don't have the feature built in to the panel a =
module can be added to do this. However, neither will fix the =
transmission problem due to the downed phone line.

You can add celemetry type of backup (Uplink) or full cellphone backup. =
You can't talk on the Uplink. The drawback is that you have to have a =
wholesale account to install and program these systems. But, your =
central station will recieve the alarm if the pots line is =
cut...provided you have cell service in your area.

Soooo...you can buy equipment, install & program it yourself but =
probably not the long range radio backup.

"Bob" <rltutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| I am reviewing various wireless alarm systems in the US. I want to =
purchase
| the system, so I own and do my own install, as I may be moving in the =
near
| future. I can get monitoring for around $9.00 per month, regardless of =
where
| I move.
|=20
| Are there any systems that are not dependent on the house phone line, =
if the
| phone lines are cut. This cutting disarms the system from the =
monitoring
| phone?
|=20
| What wireless system do you recommend?