Re: cs handshaking

Ron Wies said:

>Many of the tcp-ip alarm monitoring systems check the control panel or
>communicator as often as every 6 seconds.  We operate a two way long range
>wireless system that will poll the communicator every 6 seconds

I think you mean the radio system polls every 6 minutes, don't you?  That's
the UL spec.  Six second polling would limit you to just a small number of
radios, since the radio data transmission speed isn't all that quick.  If
I'm wrong, what radio system are you referring to, and how many two-way
radios can you have on the same frequency and maintain a six second polling
rate?

- badenov