Re: Canadian Border is tight!

"Allan Waghalter" <awaghalter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ZEPGe.1656$gQ5.1181@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a friend who just went from Houston to Detroit on her way to visit
>an internet acquaintaince in Toronto.  She had been told by the visitors
>bureau that Candada did not check US citizens with Birth Certificate and
>photo ID going in.  Guess what...  She got pulled out for a full background
>investigation.  Being on probation here for a minor felony (family related)
>they would not permit her to enter the country!
>
> Is this normal procedure or is it the result of the terror activities
> going on in England at the moment?  She was wearing a huge back pack and
> carrying a fairly large carry on bag.  Had a toungue piercing and was
> probably exhausted after a 40 hour drive from Houston.

Something "alerted" the guys at the border...  It's often the "luck of the
draw".   An individual with a criminal record takes the chance that they
won't go with the check, but if they do, they have every right to refuse
entry.  I'm pretty sure RLB can't come to Canada either.  I'm sure he
doesn't have any problems with customs in Brazil though...  He just has to
remember to pack a load of good quality condoms to use as "bargaining
chips"...  :-))