"petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:WndFe.23877$hu6.469624@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Roberto" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
> dc2ngn$67br$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Roberto" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> XP,
>>> Send"

>>> I just updated a new laptop with all XP patches and didn't have that
>>> problem
>>>

>> Be patient, it's just a matter of time.
>>
>> Bob
>
> My dear Roberto I have here 3 puter under xp and one of those is a laptop
> with 384 meg or ram on a PIII 800 Celeron..the other puter are all P4 with
> at least 512 meg (2.4 GHz and 3.2)
>
> its rock steady no bleu screen and running pretty good...
>
> look like the problem could be on your side...;-)
>
> the only thing I do took be sure its stay like that is passing
> Hijackthis.exe on the machine every week to be sure to remove all the shit
> we can catch while surfing and installing small software..
>
> better check what's on the machine you trouble with....

As far as I know it's clean. I have all the usual pop-up stoppers, spyware
cleansers, I don't download free crap, I have the latest firewall and
anti-virus plus a few extras. It only locks up with OE. Perhaps changing to
another mail handler might be the answer. My machine is a 1.7 G with 512 Meg
ram, state of the art latest and greatest, two 80 gig hard drives. Ran fine
until I installed Service Pak 2. Then the ship hit the fan. I downloaded the
memory checker and I'll run that.

Bob